In the midst of National Volunteer Appreciation Month, falls National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 15th-21st and whether you are a volunteer in our office, a board member, or both, I wanted to take a few moments to tell you about the impact you have.
- Coming in to work extra shifts when we were short handed
- Going above and beyond with a complicated phone call to help someone who may never even become a client
- Doing work outside of your comfort zone (answering emotional phone calls, technology, typing, preparing a large mail campaign, etc)
- Helping me, personally, with your expertise in tax knowledge, employment law, HR, etc.
- Going out on your own to make us the beneficiaries of small fundraisers in your own worlds (I am humbled, truly).
- Staffing free legal clinics on a variety of topics to expand the work we are able to do under our mission statement
- Serving on special event committees
- Going to court with our legal team
- Celebrating with us-birthdays, milestones, holidays, special events and our growth as an organization
- Speaking well of us in your communities so more folks are aware of the very important work we are doing
- Never failing to show up with a smile on your faces and an attitude of eager helpfulness
- Mentoring staff and other volunteers
So thank you!
The Staff of Lowcountry Legal Volunteers